Your Coffs, your community
THE Coffs Harbour City Council has recently launched a facilitated discussion within the community about what's important to those who live here and what we would like to see in the future, appropriately named "MyCoffs".
This discussion has been initiated to inspire and motivate the community and key stakeholders in Coffs to work together to help shape what the future of the Coffs Coast looks like.
The findings from the MyCoffs discussion will inform the Community Strategic Plan (CSP), which needs to be finalized by June 2017.
There are three stages to develop the Coffs Coast's vision for the future, the first is Community consultation which took place between September and October.
There's a good chance you noticed the pop-up information stall at one of the local markets or events. The second is to determine the top priorities through more community discussion, to agree on what is most important.
This took place during November and December via a stakeholder and community events which were very well attended. The third stage is to develop an approach to how, as a community, we can achieve the future we aspire to, which will take place from February to June 2017.
There have been a number of priorities highlighted by the community and key stakeholders so far, some of these include (in no particular order);
- Make our public spaces and business hubs more beautiful and appealing (including our urban centres and Jetty Foreshore).
- Enhance walking and cycling networks and connectivity
- A highway bypass for Coffs Harbour
- Functional and affordable transport options
- Identify and then enhance our tourism opportunities
- Foster an inclusive, connected and cohesive society
- Increase our education levels; and tertiary education and training provision should be employment outcome focused
- A culturally rich and vibrant region where creative opportunities are valued with a civic/cultural precinct as a focal point
To see all of the priorities identified so far visit MyCoffs.org.
Now this is where you come in. Although there has been a large amount of consultation already, there is still time to voice your opinions to help make the Coffs Coast the best destination in the country. There is a number ways you can do this:
- In person to the MyCoffs team at Community events, venues & markets etc.
- Visit MyCoffs.org
- Post your thoughts via facebook.com/mycoffs or instagram.com/mycoffs
For more information on the Coffs Harbour Chamber of Commerce please phone 02 6651 4101.