Woolgoolga teen in 200km police pursuit

A WOOLGOOLGA teenager was due to face court yesterday after allegedly taking police on a 200km pursuit in central Victoria.

Police tried to stop a stolen black Ford Escape four-wheel-drive on the Northern Highway at Heathcote, 110km north of Melbourne, about 1.30pm on Sunday, but soon lost sight of it.

About 30 minutes later, the same car was seen travelling south on the same highway at speeds up to 160km/h.

Police gave chase while a helicopter tracked the car as it travelled towards Melbourne. The car swung north on the Hume Freeway until spike strips partially disabled it, bring the chase to an end after two hours at Violet Town.

The Woolgoolga 15-year-old was charged with reckless conduct, handling stolen goods, possession of a controlled weapon, driving at an excessive speed, driving in a dangerous manner and unlicensed driving.

A Mittagong 14-year-old was charged with recklessly engaging in conduct while travelling as a passenger in a vehicle, two counts of handling stolen goods, failure to obey police direction, speeding, unlicensed driving and possessing a controlled weapon. The pair was due to appear in Wangaratta Children's Court yesterday.

In a separate incident, a 21-year-old Coffs Harbour woman will face court for alleged mid-range drink-driving.

Police were called to Waterfall Way at Fernmount at 6.10am on Sunday when the woman lost control of her eastbound Nissan sedan.

The woman later returned a breath analysis reading of .12.

Coffs Harbour's Most Influential

premium_icon Coffs Harbour's Most Influential

Counting down Coffs Harbour's Most Influential List

FINALLY: Relief for unpaid highway subcontractors

FINALLY: Relief for unpaid highway subcontractors

Deputy premier John Barilaro announces financial assistance

PAYDAY: Subbies get the result they've wanted for 11 months

premium_icon PAYDAY: Subbies get the result they've wanted for 11 months

After an 11-month battle a group of unpaid subbies have some joy.

Local Partners