Woman, child burned in Australia Day BBQ accident

A WOMAN and child have been injured in an Australia Day barbecue accident.

Emergency services were called to a property at Bushland Beach about 2pm following reports the gas bottle connected to the barbecue had exploded.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said it appeared the explosion occurred as the two were not properly connected.

Paramedics treated a woman, believed to be age 35, and a girl, 8, for minor burns.

Both were taken to Townsville Hospital in a stable condition as a precaution.



How Covid-19 is affecting the Coffs property market

premium_icon How Covid-19 is affecting the Coffs property market

Coffs’ market is faring quite differently to its metro counterparts.

COVID-19: Cash-strapped groups handed a financial lifeline

premium_icon COVID-19: Cash-strapped groups handed a financial lifeline

'No one can doubt that this crisis is continuing to bite hard'