Still Sing Out even if your car is on fire
A TRIP to Toowoomba for the Sing Out choir event proved to be the dramatic finale for a Lockyer Valley family's van.
Mt Sylvia woman Melissa Smith was driving her partner Neil Speechley as well as her 10-year-old daughter Jacinta Berg and a neighbour's child Porter Hansen along Herries St about 9am yesterday when a fellow motorist called out saying their van was on fire.
They were on their way to the Empire Theatre so the children could complete a day of rehearsals ahead of last night's performance.
Mr Speechley said smoke was coming from underneath the vehicle.
- Teacher who sexually abused 10yo told her he would kill her
- Wheels of death: Truck safety hits dangerous low
- Seniors postal over end to daily mail delivery
- Candle holder assault sparked by cheating flame
- Man who broke into Sandra Bullock's home had machine gun
"I just said pull over straight away and get out," Mr Speechley said.
A passing motorist let him use a fire extinguisher from the back of his ute, but it was not enough to contain the fire.
"Once I ran out of fire extinguisher I got away."
He was just pleased everyone got out of the car safely.
Miss Smith said a tow truck company employee was kind enough to drop the children at the Empire Theatre so they could be a part of Sing Out rehearsals.