The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service was called to the scene.
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service was called to the scene. David Nielsen

Two fire units called to Saturday night fire

A WOMAN in her fifties was taken to Toowoomba Base Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a cushion started a fire in a Gannan St, Clifton, home.

The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service from Clifton and Allora were called to the fire at 10.51pm Saturday.

A spokesman for the QFES said a candle had been knocked over and started the fire in a cushion in the lounge room.

"The only occupant of the house took the cushion outside,” she said.

"The Clifton crew was first on scene and the fire had been extinguished and they stopped the Allora crew before it reached Clifton.”

The Queensland Ambulance Service said the woman was transported to hospital in Toowoomba suffering from smoke inhalation. She was in a stable condition.



Teen scampers onto rocks to avoid shark attack

premium_icon Teen scampers onto rocks to avoid shark attack

VIDEO: Surfers escape two close calls on same beach this week.

BREAKING: Crash site found for missing plane

premium_icon BREAKING: Crash site found for missing plane

Westpac helicopter unable to winch a person down due to poor weather conditions

REVEALED: Fastest-growing schools on the Coffs Coast

premium_icon REVEALED: Fastest-growing schools on the Coffs Coast

NEWS EXCLUSIVE: See how your child's school compares.