Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 



FINALLY: Relief for unpaid highway subcontractors

FINALLY: Relief for unpaid highway subcontractors

Deputy premier John Barilaro announces financial assistance

PAYDAY: Subbies get the result they've wanted for 11 months

premium_icon PAYDAY: Subbies get the result they've wanted for 11 months

After an 11-month battle a group of unpaid subbies have some joy.

Children on the coast the system has forgotten

premium_icon Children on the coast the system has forgotten

Report finds the region is facing a 'children at risk' crisis

Local Partners