Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News



Topics:  editors picks sydney

Environment groups walk away from NSW forestry negotiations

LOGGING LOGGERHEAD: Peace between environment groups and the NSW Government is threatened.

Agreements between government and environmentalists threatened

Regions declared big winners in SCU funding deal

ALL SMILES: Professor Shoemaker is thrilled by the deal struck with the Federal Government.

Funding deal puts Allied Health campus in Coffs back on track

Swimmer missing at Valla while others rescued along Coast

An IRB is searching the waters at Valla Beach for a missing swimmer.

Search for missing man caught in Valla rip will start again at 6am.

Local Partners