Tourism operators awarded at state awards
NORTH Coast Destination Network tourism operators fared well at the 2012 NSW Tourism Awards in Sydney last night taking home a total 20 Gold, Silver and Bronze awards.
Port Macquarie's Observatory Hotel took home two Gold Awards.
The first was the Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism and the second a Gold in the Deluxe accommodation category.
Other Gold Award winners were Port Macquarie Hastings Council (Local Government Award for Tourism), Cape Byron State Conservation Area (Tourist Attractions) and Port Stephen's Moon shadow Cruises taking home the gold and entering the Hall of Fame with three consecutive wins in the Major Tour and/or Transport Operator category.
"North Coast dominated the awards with more than 35 finalists across all major categories," North Coast Destination Network Executive Officer, Belinda Novicky said.
"We are so proud of the results with wins that display our strength in so many major sectors of our industry."
The full list of winners is:
1. Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism: the Observatory, Port Macquarie
2. Local Government Award for Tourism: Port Macquarie Hastings Council
3. Deluxe Accommodation: The Observatory, Port Macquarie
4. Tourist Attractions: Cape Byron State Conservation Area
5. Major Tour and /or Transport Operators: Moonshadow Cruises, Port Stephens
1. Tourism Marketing: The Legendary Pacific Coast
2. Major Festivals and Events: The 23rd Annual Bluesfest Byron Bay
3. Tourist Pubs: Shoal Bay Country Club Hotel, Port Stephens
4. Tourism Restaurants and Catering: Byron Beach Café
5. Visitor Information and Services: Clarence River Tourism
1. Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services: Bent on Food, Wingham
2. Tourism Education and Training: TAFE NCI Tourism Events & Hospitality
Section, Coffs Harbour
3. Festivals and Events: Festival of the Sun, Port Macquarie
4. Hosted Accommodation: Honeycomb Valley Farm, Nabiac
5. Tourist and Caravan Parks: Nambucca River Tourist Park
6. Business Tourism: Rydges Port Macquarie
7. Visitor Information and Services: Greater Port Macquarie Visitor Information Centre
8. Heritage and Cultural Tourism: Glasshouse Port Macquarie
9. Deluxe Accommodation: Macquarie Waters Boutique Apartment Hotel, Port Macquarie
10. Unique Accommodation: Diamond Waters Treehouse Retreat