JAYDE Kendall left school on Friday afternoon, got into a red car and disappeared. We look back on how the search for the 16-year-old has unfolded.
Friday, August 14
- Jayde Kendall leaves school and gets in a red car.
- No suspicion she was forced.
- Failed to show for shift at McDonald's.
- Father raises alarm with police about 9pm.
- Last time teen accesses bank accounts and withdraws money
Saturday, August 15
- Missing persons report officially filed with police
- Investigation into the disappearance starts
Sunday, August 16
- Statement released by police asking for information about Jayde Kendall
- Photo released, with description.
- Asks for people to report sightings to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
Monday, August 17
- Newspapers report on Jayde's disappearance, carrying message from police to report any information
- Police continue search for teen in Gatton area
Tuesday, August 18
- Facebook page Help Find Jayde established and gains support from community
- Police focus on speaking with driver of red car after learning his identity
- He remains a person of interest, not a suspect, at this stage
Wednesday, August 19
- Item belonging to Jayde found by a passer-by at Walloon, near Ipswich
- Police confirm it belongs to the missing teen
- Police release the fact they have spoken with driver of red car Jayde was seen getting into who gives version of events which police say is credible
- Major investigation centre established at Laidley
- SES crews and police divers search bushland and waterways and dams near Ipswich after item found
Thursday, August 20
- Police slam rumours on social media that Jayde has run away from family
- Darling Downs District Detective Inspector Dave Isherwood says there is no basis to reports Jayde is a promiscuous teen
- Reiterates plea for any information to be reported to Crime Stoppers
- Crews resumed search at 6am for missing teen