Three-week ban for Inglis
RABBITOHS superstar Greg Inglis has been suspended for three weeks after successfully having his grade four dangerous contact charge downgraded for his shouldr charge on Dragons forward Dean Young.
The Queensland fullback and Souths employed the services of barrister Nick Ghabar, the same lawyer who was successful in defending Sam Kasiano last week for his high-tackle charge on Fuifui Moimoi.
Inglis could have spent five weeks on the sidelines if the challenge had failed.
Brisbane forward Ben Te'o also had a good night at the judiciary.
He pleaded guilty to his careless tackle charge on Gold Coast prop Luke Bailey last Friday but was successful in his dispute of the grading down to grade one.
Te'o admitted high contact, but said the force of the hit to the neck and chin was because he tried to pull his arm away but it slipped up due to Bailey's momentum.
The Broncos used video footage of five other offences they said were comparable but were only awarded with grade-one charges.
The panel of Michael Buettner, Mal Cochrane and Chris McKenna took less than 10 minutes to make the decision
Te'o was not named in the Broncos' team for Monday night's clash with the Eels but now he has been cleared to play, he could be a late addition to the line-up at Suncorp Stadium.