Terror charge wait continues for Peter Greste
AUSTRALIAN journalist Peter Greste will have to wait until the end of the month to learn whether he will be convicted on terrorism-related charges.
Mr Greste, along with Baher Mohamed and Mohamed Fahmy, were jailed in Egypt for allegedly spreading false news and supporting the banned Muslim Brotherhood following the 2013 ousting of President Mohamed Morsi.
Mr Greste was released from an Egyptian jail last year and subsequently deported after an appeals court ordered a retrial.
He cannot return to Egypt without violating his deportation order and is being tried in absentia.
Mr Greste said he was disappointed with the adjournment.
"The three of us may not physically be in prison, but until we are completely exonerated of all the charges, neither are we truly free," he said.
"We will continue to fight and campaign for justice until that day."
The matter will be back before a Cairo court on August 29 after being adjourned at the weekend.
- APN NEWSDESK.