Storm warning: Heavy rainfall, damaging winds expected
SEEK shelter and be safe as another severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for the South Burnett this afternoon.
The Bureau of Meteorology has released the warning of the severe thunderstorm which is likely to produce damaging, locally destructive winds, heavy rainfall which may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones.
Affected locations include Kingaroy, Warwick, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Dalby, Ipswich, Coolangatta, Stanthorpe, Caboolture, Cleveland, Gatton and Jimboomba.
The thunderstorm has become more extensive with heavy, locally intense rainfall over a number of areas southeast of Taroom.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For any emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.