Man to stand trial for robbery
A PERSON who allegedly took part in a violent home invasion in Coffs Harbour last year, where a man was stabbed in the neck and eye, has been committed to stand trial.
Jamie Wilson, 22, is facing charges of armed robbery and wound with intent while in company.
Police allege Wilson, in the company of two co-accused, invaded a home while armed with knives in Solitary Street on October 23 last year about 2.45am.
Masking their faces at the time, the alleged offenders confronted a 26-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman.
After the men demanded property, the woman ran and hid in bushes outside.
A short time later, the male occupant was stabbed inside the unit.
Police were told by witnesses the offenders drove away from the scene and were last seen heading along Jarrett Street.
Emergency services were called and the victim was rushed to Coffs Harbour Health Campus in a serious condition where he underwent life-saving surgery.
When he was arrested, Wilson was initially charged with five serious offences.
The Department of Public Prosecutions has decided to proceed with just two charges, armed robbery with an offensive weapon and assault with intent to rob in company.
Wilson has pleaded not guilty, reappearing in the Coffs Harbour Local Court again this week.
Charges of aggravated break and enter commit a serious indictable offence, wound a person with intent and aggravated break and enter have been withdrawn.
Evidence against Wilson includes a shoe, which was seized by officers.
The court has been told the sole of the shoe matches footprints found at the crime scene.
Wilson, who has been remanded in custody since his arrest, will appear in the Sydney District Court for an arraignment hearing on Wednesday.
The case is set down from a telephone call-over where a date will be set for trial.