Smokey start to the day for advance
EMPLOYEES at Coffs Harbour's Advance Metal Industries had a rude shock when they turned up for work at 5.45am yesterday.
The place was filled with smoke from a fire in a tank located in the powder coating division at Orlando Street.
They quickly raised the alarm and firefighters dashed to the scene to contain the small blaze, which appears to have started from an electrical fault. No-one was hurt and there was only minor damage, however, staff spent the day cleaning up.
- In other news, fire crews were called to the Pacific Highway, Coffs Harbour at 10.25pm on Monday to clean up a kilometre-long oil slick.
The spill stretched from the highway outside Park Beach Plaza to the Marcia Street intersection and came from an Isuzu tabletop truck.
The RTA also attended the scene to help with traffic control in the slippery conditions, which were made even worse with light rain.