Six easy ways you can help koalas on Wild Koala Day
WITH May 3 marking Wild Koala Day, the Koala Clancy Foundation has come up with six ways you can show your support for koalas throughout the country and help to raise awareness of their plight.
1. Plant a koala food tree.
2. Check the Koala Clancy Foundation for a list of koala trees for your area.
3. Go koala spotting and report sightings to KoalaTracker.
4. Email your federal member about how important koalas are to you.
5. Post/share a picture of a wild koala on social media tagged with #wildKoalaDay.
6. Kids: take your toy koala to school and make them wild by putting them in a tree (make one yourself out of recycled paper, or sticks from your playground or backyard).
7. Attend a Wild Koala Day event. Click here to find out where your local events are.