Storm season well and truly here with another warning issued
A SEVERE thunderstorm warning has been issued by the Bureau of Meteorology for a large area ranging from the Hunter Valley right up to the Queensland border.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Grafton, Coffs Harbour, Lismore Port Macquarie, Taree, Armidale, Tamworth and Moree.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
- If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES [NSW and ACT] on 132 500.
The next update on the storm warning is due to be issued by 2.40pm.