Road closures in Macksville announced for Hughes funeral
TO ACCOMMODATE the large numbers expected to converge on Macksville for the funeral of Test cricketer Phillip Hughes on Wednesday, Nambucca Shire Council has organised for several road closures around the venue.
The road closures will be:
- BRINER STREET (between Boulton St and Park St) - Tuesday 6pm to Wednesday 6pm. Note: Property access available for residents, Police, Cricket Australia and media officials.
- MARSH STREET (EAST) - Tuesday 9am to Wednesday 6pm. VIP coach parking only.
- PARK STREET - Tuesday 6pm to Wednesday 6pm.
- BOUNDARY STREET (between Matilda St and Wallace St) - Wednesday 2.45pm to 3.45pm.
- WALLACE STREET (between Boundary St and Cooper St) - Wednesday 2.45pm to 4.30pm Wednesday. Note: Will reopen progressively once rear police vehicle passes intersecting streets.
- WINIFRED STREET (between Cooper St and Macksville Ex-Services Club car park) - Wednesday 1pm to Thursday 7am.
- WINIFRED ST CARPARK - Wednesday 1.00pm to 5.00pm.
Additional parking will be provided at Macksville Park, entrance via Willis Street and Donnelly Welsh Playing Fields off East Street. A one way shuttle service will be available from Macksville Park to the Macksville High School. Overflow parking will be provided if necessary as directed by traffic marshals. Disability parking is available in Briner Street.
DISABILITY DROP OFF AND PICK UP POINT
Message boards will direct vehicles to additional parking provided at Macksville Park, Willis Street. For people with mobility issues, a one-way shuttle service (2 x 20 seat buses) will be available from Macksville Park to the Macksville High School. Overflow parking will be provided at Donnelly Welsh Playing Fields off East Street as directed by traffic marshals.
There is a designated disability drop off\pick up point in Boundary St (between Matilda St and Park St).
BUS AND COACH PARKING
Bus and coach parking will be provided on the eastern side of Wallace Street adjacent to the Macksville Cemetery through to Upper Warrell Creek Road, as directed by traffic marshals.
The Nambucca Shire Council respectfully requests that motorists and passengers obey all traffic marshals and emergency service personnel to ensure safety.