Fire truck, firetruck, file image
Fire truck, firetruck, file image

Pet dog to blame for house fire

THE top floor of a Mangalore house has been destroyed after a pet dog knocked over a burning candle.

Crews from Bagdad, Brighton and Bridgewater attended the blaze on Mountford Drive just before 1pm today.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire on the top floor of the two-storey house.

Tasmania Fire Service said an investigation found the estimated damage to be between $60,000 and $80,000.

"A pet dog has accidentally knocked over a candle that was alight causing a fire," the statement read.

"The owners were at home at the time of the fire, however this is a timely reminder to ensure that lit candles are not left unattended."



Post JobKeeper slump a huge concern for regions

premium_icon Post JobKeeper slump a huge concern for regions

The Advocate has obtained early results from a business survey.

Curtain to rise again as arts scene emerges from lockdown

premium_icon Curtain to rise again as arts scene emerges from lockdown

Cultural facilities in Coffs are gradually emerging from lockdown.

Coffs clubs look north after first grade folds

premium_icon Coffs clubs look north after first grade folds

‘We just want to get on the paddock.’