Palms crew helps Grafton evacuees
IT'S a long way to come for a chicken sandwich but Grafton residents enjoyed a good feed in Coffs Harbour last weekend courtesy of Palms Shopping retailers.
Hot barbeque chickens and freshly baked bread, compliments of Palms Chicken Butchery and Bakers Delight, were delivered to more than 200 Grafton residents taking temporary shelter from rising floodwaters at an evacuation centre in Gordon Street, Coffs Harbour.
John Senes, from Jade Hair Design, also dug deep and donated $1000 worth of vouchers that could be redeemed at any food retailer at Palms Shopping centre.
“After seeing people suffer the disruption to their homes and businesses in the Coffs flood, I just knew I had to help out these people,” John said.
- Contributed flood photos from readers.
- View a gallery of flood images from across south-east Queensland and northern New South Wales.
- See a gallery of images from Grafton.
- For more images of floods around the Sunshine Coast, visit The Sunshine Coast Daily's flood gallery 1 and flood gallery 2.
- See photos of Grafton as evacuation is ordered.
- View flood photos from the first deluge in south-east Queensland.
Focus moves to flood recovery
Flood help is at hand
Cry in the dark sparks rescue
Grafton flood photos and update
Rain eases but gales batter coast
NSW extends disaster zone
Severe weather gets second wind
All beaches closed
View readers' flood photos
Man found dead in flood waters
Nth NSW in for more wet weather
Time to get out
SES order Lismore flood evacuation
Squalls blackout whole region
Families evacuated, regions cut off
NSW flood information centre set up
Wild seas lash coast
Mass evacuations forced in Tweed
Rain and floods force evacuations
Bligh declares SEQ flood disaster