Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.



How Coffs can build an art museum of acclaim

How Coffs can build an art museum of acclaim

Coffs Harbour to draw inspiration from popular museum art gallery

Migrants not staying in regional areas

premium_icon Migrants not staying in regional areas

One in 10 migrants use country towns as pit stops before city life.

Rebels injury toll rises ahead of tough road to finals

premium_icon Rebels injury toll rises ahead of tough road to finals

French, Smidt out for last two home and away games

Local Partners