North Coast Rail replacement buses to reduce wait times
RAIL replacement buses will improve connectivity and wait times for southeast Queensland commuters, as Queensland Rail undertakes maintenance this weekend.
There will be a combination of express and all-stop services between Bowen Hills, Shorncliffe, Kippa-Ring, Caboolture, Nambour and Gympie North and timetables available for customers who will be able to plan their journey ahead of this weekend's closure.
"Some customers will no longer have to add an hour to their journey, as in previous trials of rail replacement buses at other train stations,” TransLink head Matthew Longland said.
There will be dedicated route numbers, online timetables and passenger information, providing customers an experience similar to catching a standard bus route.
TransLink has been trialling timetabled rail replacement buses for a number of lines across the southeast Queensland network.
"We've been pleased with the performance of previous trials and have received positive feedback about the availability of timetables,” Mr Longland said.
Passenger information will be installed at stations and bus stops while new maps and timetables have been produced to keep customers informed.
"TransLink, Queensland Rail and bus operators' staff will be available at key stations,” Mr Longland said.
There will be 13 inbound and outbound routes including:
- R347 - Bowen Hills express to Northgate and then express to Sandgate
- R348 - Northgate all stations to Shorncliffe
- R600 - Bowen Hills express to Petrie and then express to Caboolture
- R601 - Bowen Hills express to Northgate and then express to Petrie
- R603 - Bowen Hills all stations to Northgate
- R605 - Northgate all stations to Petrie
- R607 - Petrie all stations to Caboolture
- R608 - Petrie all stations to Kippa Ring
- R609 - Caboolture all stations to Nambour
- R610 - Bowen Hills express to Nambour
- R611 - Bowen Hills express to Landsborough
- R612 - Bowen Hills express to Gympie North stopping only at Yandina, Eumundi and Cooroy
- R613 - Bowen Hills express to Northgate, then express to Petrie, then express to Caboolture and express to Gympie North stopping only at Nambour, Yandina, Eumundi and Cooroy
This weekend's maintenance is scheduled from about 2.45am on Saturday, June 1 until last service on Sunday, June 2.
For more information on the trial visit translink.com.au or call 13 12 30 anytime and remember your Gocard.