New app launched to make lives of cane growers easier
IN an industry-first, a smart phone app for Queensland cane growers has been launched by not-for-profit sugar marketer Queensland Sugar Limited.
The QSL app has been designed to make cane farmers' lives easier by giving them access to sugar pricing and global sugar market information all from the palm of their hand.
QSL chief executive Greg Beashel said growers were often time poor due to juggling the pressing priorities of running a farm and optimising their sugar returns.
"The QSL app provides a one-stop-shop where growers can easily monitor the market and their pricing while they're out in the field ... rather than waiting until they get home at the end of a long day to log on and tackle the pricing jobs,” he said.
The app is free and available for both Apple and Android phones by searching 'QSL App' in either the App Store or Google Play store.
KEY APP FEATURES
- Global sugar prices
- Indicative QSL pool values
- Fast and secure access to your QSL Direct account via PIN, fingerprint or face recognition
- Details of your pricing choices and declarations for current and future seasons (QSL Direct growers only)
- The ability to make, edit and cancel your QSL sugar pricing orders (QSL Direct growers only)
- Calculators to quickly make common cane and sugar conversions
- Regular market and QSL news updates and notifications
- Quick contacts to reach QSL