Man dies after being served detergent instead of wine

A MAN has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid "had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff."



Coffs Bypass design 'sell-out of the century': ALP

Coffs Bypass design 'sell-out of the century': ALP

Coffs deserves tunnels not land bridges and cuttings: Woodward

Investigation after woman, 87, injured at nursing home

premium_icon Investigation after woman, 87, injured at nursing home

Family raise concerns over elderly woman's facial bruising.

Bypass design 'two tunnel arrangements and a cutting'

Bypass design 'two tunnel arrangements and a cutting'

ONLINE POLL: Tunnels or cuttings on the Coffs Harbour Bypass design?

Local Partners