Man bitten by deadly taipan in NT
A MAN bitten on the hand by a highly venomous taipan in Batchelor was flown to Royal Darwin Hospital.
The 49-year-old man was transported by CareFlight from the Batchelor airstrip at around 4.30pm on Tuesday.
A taipan's venom is known to paralyse the victim's nervous system and clot the blood.
The man was bitten only hours after a 52-year-old man suffered a snake bite at Florence Falls, a CareFlight spokesman said.
"The man was airlifted from the Batchelor airstrip to RDH, where he arrived at 6.30pm last night," the spokesman said.
"He required treatment and remains at Royal Darwin Hospital in a stable condition."
Earlier yesterday, the 52-year-old man was swimming at the bottom of Florence Falls when he felt something touch his leg then noticed two puncture wounds.