Man arrested, firearms seized after robbery
POLICE investigating a violent robbery at Wooli have called for public assistance to identify the offenders after the arrest of a man and the seizure of firearms.
The incident on Monday, October 13, last year, saw a man, 37, tied up and assaulted with a firearm and stun-gun inside his home.
Police allege the crime was committed by four men, who stole cash, jewellery and a vehicle before fleeing the premises.
Strike Force Nanowie was formed to investigate and detectives, the Dog Unit and Target Action Group officers, executed a search warrant on a premises in Forge Dr, North Boambee Valley four days after the crime and seized weapons, drugs, ammunition and stolen property.
A Bonville man, 41, was charged with break, enter and steal, possession of prohibited weapons and possession of stolen property.
On December 18, a second search warrant was executed on a Bonville property on Crossmaglen Rd.
Police allegedly seized two firearms, cannabis, amphetamines, stolen property, a stolen trailer and a Holden Commodore that was suspected of being rebirthed.
The following day, the 41-year-old was again arrested and charged with the robbery at Wooli as well as other offences. The man appeared in the Coffs Harbour Local Court and has been remanded in custody to reappear on Monday.
Coffs Clarence Investigations Manager, Peter O'Reilly said investigators are confident that with public assistance two offenders wanted over the robbery will be identified.
"We are pleased to take firearms from people who are not authorised to possess them in our ongoing efforts to keep the community safe," Detective Senior Sergeant O'Reilly said.
Information can be given anonymously to Coffs Harbour Police on 66910880 or via Crimestoppers 1800 333 000.