Lowanna fire investigated
FIREFIGHTERS still aren’t sure what sparked a house fire at Lowanna early yesterday.
Rural Fire Service brigades from Lowanna and Ulong were called at 6.45am when residents saw smoke filling up the home on Cavanaghs Road.
Inspector Ron Collingridge from the RFS said no-one was home at the time of the fire and fire crews gained entry through a back door to battle the blaze.
They discovered a couch alight inside the house and they doused the flames, which caused damage to the couch and the floor.
“There was only minor structural damage but there was substantial smoke damage throughout the dwelling,” Mr Collingridge said.
Fire authorities continue their investigations. Police were also at the scene.