Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times



Workshop fire threatens service station

Workshop fire threatens service station

VIDEO: Fire claims workshop threatens service station.

Coffs Bypass, most costly per kilometre Pacific Hwy project

premium_icon Coffs Bypass, most costly per kilometre Pacific Hwy project

Coffs Harbour Bypass to cost $100-million a kilometre.

Planes take to the sky to celebrate 90th

Planes take to the sky to celebrate 90th

Coffs Harbour Aero Club celebrate 90 years.

Local Partners