Learn more about WW2
COFFS HARBOUR school students and the wider community can now learn more about the defence of Australia in World War II.
The Coffs Harbour and Districts sub-branch of the National Servicemen’s Association of Australia is distributing copies of The Battle for Australia to local libraries and schools, hoping to remind people of the key battles that helped our nation.
The publication is a short but definitive record of the following conflicts:
- the Air Battle for Darwin;
- the Enemy Raid on Broome;
- the Air Battle for Port Moresby;
- the Battle of the Coral Sea;
- the Battle of Milne Bay;
- the Air and Land Battle of the Kokoda Track;
- the Battle for the Solomon Islands;
- The Air Battle of the Bismarck Sea;
- Coast Watchers; and
- Code Breakers.
The first Wednesday in September has been set aside nationally to commemorate the Battle for Australia.
For more information, contact Morris Hamilton from the National Servicemen’s Association on 6658 1768.