Latest from The Chronicle editor's desk
GOOD afternoon valued subscriber,
It's set to be a wet weekend this weekend, with heavy rainfall predicted from tomorrow morning. Our region is still in drought, so any rain we get is incredibly welcome. It is however affecting my golf game which needs all the help it can get.
Make sure you pack a brolly if you're heading outdoors.
In other good news for the region, we are officially COVID-19 free again.
Despite this, it's incredibly important to keep practising social distancing, keep washing your hands, using a face mask if you so desire, and most importantly get tested if you are sick.
We can't afford to go backwards in our fight against COVID-19.
That's why police are investigating just why a man in hotel quarantine was able to escape from isolation this week.
The Veterans First Military Museum Project, a community-led plan to honour the region's military and re-skill returned servicepeople, will be able to establish an ambitious museum along the Toowoomba Escarpment near Spring Bluff, just outside Highfields.
It was a sad week for Holden lovers, as the local dealership removed the famous lion logo and name from its advertising in line with the death of the brand.
An aged-care facility on the Western Downs was drugging four residents without consent, an audit by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission has found.
Taralga is considering the commission's findings and has 14 days to respond.
Finally, applications for The Chronicle Garden For Good program close this weekend.
The application period was extended by a week, giving the region's green thumbs more time to apply, with this Sunday being the final day before they close.
Garden for Good was developed in consultation with industry expert Annette Mcfarlane and will be a digital showcase of some of Toowoomba's most unique and vibrant gardens.
Also, don't forget to check out all the benefits you get for being a subscriber to The Chronicle. My latest check indicates not all of you are taking up some of these great offers.
Have a great weekend.
PS: Here are some other stories you might have missed
- Vietnamese bakehouse opening at shopping complex
- Council lays out five-year plan for Carnival of Flowers
- Council endorses $2.1m upgrade of major Toowoomba park
- Stolen car leaves trail of destruction in South Toowoomba
- WATCH: $67 million depot will be home to 500 staff
- Police lay charges over Toowoomba teen's death
- New Acland applies to High Court for $90k security
- Visitors eye region for Ekka weekend bringing in millions
- How labradoodle will help kids in stressful situations
- We're getting a chilli, chocolate, cheese and wine festival