Six children left home alone escape house fire
SIX children left home alone have been forced to flee a burning house in Sydney's south-west.
Three of the children were hospitalised with smoke inhalation.
A heater was the cause of the fire.
An older male relative rushed to the home after receiving a call from the children, who were aged between one and 14.
He suffered an electric shock when he arrived after touching a metal fence onto which a powerline had fallen during the fire.
The 22-year-old man was taken to hospital in a stable condition.