Johnny Depp's a no show for Pirates of the Caribbean filming
JOHNNY Depp has failed to return to the set of 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales'.
The 51-year-old actor was due to return to Australia last week ahead of filming resuming today (20.04.15), but insiders claim he has failed to fly back from Los Angeles, meaning production on the movie has been reshuffled so they can work without him.
A source told the Gold Coast Bulletin: "Everyone's hoping they have managed to get him on another flight.
"But he still hadn't hopped on a plane on Friday morning, which means production will already be running behind when principal photography starts again. Even if he managed to fly out over the weekend, the delay has forced the directors to change their shot lists for the week. They've had to rearrange what they can and can't shoot before filming."
Filming on the blockbuster was halted when Johnny returned to the US for treatment last month after he injured his hand, reportedly after hitting a glass door during a heated conversation with wife Amber Heard.
Despite the claims, a movie spokesperson insists filming is going ahead as planned while the actor continues to recover from surgery on his hand.
The spokesperson told Australia's Sydney Morning Herald newspaper: "Johnny Depp is on schedule for what and when he is required to film. He's been in recuperation from the surgery and I'm assuming it's coming along extremely well. The next step is for us to continue making a fifth edition to one of the most popular franchises in film history."