SEALING THE DEAL: Federal Member for Cowper Luke Hartsuyker with Regional Development Australia's Lorraine Gordon and the visiting Japanese media contingent.
SEALING THE DEAL: Federal Member for Cowper Luke Hartsuyker with Regional Development Australia's Lorraine Gordon and the visiting Japanese media contingent. Matthew Deans

Japanese delegates eye off Coffs business opportunities

THE Mid North Coast NSW Business Chamber hosted a delegation of Japanese media companies in Coffs Harbour this week, in partnership with the Japanese External Trade Organisation.

The delegates were welcomed at a luncheon at Dolphin Marine Magic on Monday. The purpose of the visit was to seek mutual business opportunities and discuss trade and investment Japan offers to Australian investors and business.

Tadayoshi Hiraki, of the Japan External Trade Organisation, said Coffs Harbour's location made it a place of interest.

"There is lots of potential in Coffs Harbour because its a middle point between Brisbane and Sydney," Mr Hiraki said.

The delegates were treated to a tour of an OzBerries farm which showed local agricultural trade possibilities.

"They are providing a high quality of blueberries and agriculture product and they are focusing on expanding their product to expand into Asia."

Mr Hiraki said the Japanese market was large and sophisticated, and forecast to export and import more quality product. "Nearly 60% of Japanese investment in Australia is dominated by the mining sector, but the remaining 40% is ... finance and food."

"I will encourage other Japanese businesses to invest more in Australia and the Australian people to invest more in Japan."



Qantas set to increase Coffs Harbour flights

premium_icon Qantas set to increase Coffs Harbour flights

Return flights will be increased by the end of June.

Franchisee says new McDonald’s will create over 100 jobs

premium_icon Franchisee says new McDonald’s will create over 100 jobs

McDonald’s has submitted a DA for a new restaurant in Toormina.