Info session on highway upgrade
ALL you need to know about the Sapphire to Woolgoolga highway upgrade will be revealed at two community information sessions on February 26.
The $705 million project will provide 25 kilometres of dual carriageway upgrades extending from Sapphire to Arrawarra.
The project consists of an upgrade of the existing highway to a four-lane dual carriageway with a bypass west of Woolgoolga.
“The upgrade will significantly improve road safety and reduce travel times for all users of the highway and improve the general amenity of the northern beaches area and Woolgoolga,” an RTA spokesman said.
The next round of staffed displays will be held at:
- Woolgoolga Community Village Hall in Boundary Street from 9.30am to 11am;
- Moonee Beach Hall, Moonee Beach Road, 1.30pm to 3pm.
The displays will:
- provide an update on the project and upgrade activities;
- have presentations on bridge piling and traffic works, including access arrangements to school bus stops;
- provide an outcome of cycleway focus group meetings;
- provide details on how water quality and construction noise is managed, and;
- provide an opportunity for the community to obtain information and provide comments.
A sausage sizzle will also be available to raise money for a local service club.