Have your say
TIME is running out for people to have their say on the Mid North Coast Regional Action Plan.
Coffs Harbour MP Andrew Fraser said it is an opportunity for the community to tell the NSW Government what goals they have for their areas over the next decade.
"The online consultation will continue until next Friday 18 May at http://haveyoursay.nsw.gov.au/nsw2021 - where residents can also view the draft Regional Action Plan," Mr Fraser said.
He said some of the issues listed as top priorities in the plan included:
- Support new industry to provide more jobs and more education and training opportunities;
- Deliver local infrastructure to support the community;
- Improve road safety and increase access to transport options especially for more isolated communities;
- Involve the community in decision-making about local issues;
- Improve access to health services - ageing population, upgrades to public hospitals, speciality health centre;
- rovide more affordable housing options; and
- Protect and enhance the environment - water resources, farm lands, air quality, marine environment and natural vegetation.