house fire in Robinson St Rockhampton

VIDEO: Firefighters save house after power box ignites

IT TOOK just a few minutes for fire crews to race to a house in North Rockhampton after a 000 call yesterday.

Resident Levi Lawrence saw flames coming from his house in Robinson St at 1pm and dialled for help.

Fire crews managed to put out the blaze, which caused damage to the house's roof and smoke damage inside the structure.

North Rockhampton Fire station officer Shane Slater said they got a call about a power box on fire and when crews arrived there was smoke entering from the connection of the service wire to the fascia board on the house.

SAVED: A quick response from fire crews kept a house intact at Robinson St, after a power box caught alight.
SAVED: A quick response from fire crews kept a house intact at Robinson St, after a power box caught alight. Fire At Robinson Street

"We isolated the power and investigations will be done by the electrical authority," he said.

"Three people living in the premises were accounted for."

Fire crews were decontaminated after leaving the house due to asbestos. Mr Slater said it was a precaution due to the age of the home.

Levi wanted to thank the fire crews for their quick action and for saving his home.
 



Tourism success story: A Coffs must see attraction

Tourism success story: A Coffs must see attraction

Coffs tourist attraction welcomes 100,00th visitor

The $2b system doomed to fail

The $2b system doomed to fail

Australians are opting out of My Health Record

Luxury apartments setting new benchmark

Luxury apartments setting new benchmark

The first residents of the new Seashells complex have moved in.

Local Partners