Fire has completely gutted a property on Gallipoli Road
INVESTIGATIONS continue into a Coffs Harbour fire that completely gutted a property in Gallipoli Road in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The alarm was raised around 4am when the house was well ablaze and despite the prompt arrival of fire and rescue personnel, it couldn't be saved.
Two tankers attended and the fire was brought under control in around 10 minutes.
Nearby residents believe the fire may have been caused by squatters who may have fled the scene when it began.
The owner said about six weeks ago, resident tenants had to extinguish a fire in a decommissioned fireplace which spread because there was no flue.
Those tenants are no longer at the address.
No injuries were reported.
Anybody who can assist police with information should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.