Emergency crews at the scene of a Toormina fire
Emergency crews at the scene of a Toormina fire Rob Wright

Washing machine sparks blaze

IT'S believed a fault in a washing machine sparked a small blaze at Toormina this morning.

Fire crews arrived at Jay Place at 10.40am to battle the minor fire, which damaged a wall in a garage, said a NSW Fire and Rescue spokesman.

No-one was injured. 



From market garden to market leader

From market garden to market leader

New property development comes with a dose of history

The Advocate's fresh new look online

The Advocate's fresh new look online

Today has seen the launch of a new look Advocate website

Mum would rather another crash than getting caught in a rip

Mum would rather another crash than getting caught in a rip

A mother of two is lucky to be alive after being pulled from a rip

Local Partners