Enduro squash tournament drawing near
PLAYERS get back into tournament mode with the Coffs One Day Squash Enduro set for August 5.
After taking part in the NSW Age Championship earlier this month, players have shown improvement and are eager to take part in the division format where players will be graded on abilities and age.
Tournament director Peter Saxby said local players will have good match ups throughout the round robin format.
"There will be a beginner novice group for those starting out and more players are welcome to join the age groups from 8-10 years and up,” he said.
"It's encouraging to see these youngsters starting out as they soon adapt and become very capable at playing the basic game.”
Entries for the tournament close this Tuesday.
Also, nominations for the next round of competitions have opened with grading underway.
New players Kristian Rhoden and Steve Woodhead have quickly fitted into the swing on Tuesday and strengthened the mid lines.
However, their experience will be tested by younger improvers with Jonathan Koster, Nathan Tidey and Peter Becker continuing to impress.
Overseas, Coffs Harbour's Jacob Ford has been involved in the World Under-19 Individual Championships being played in India.
He reached the round of 64 before falling to the ¾ seed from Egypt in three games, 11/6 11/2 11/8.
Jacob backed up last Tuesday with the Australian team and again found his opponent from Egypt too strong.
Taking on Omar El Torky he lost 3/0 3/11 6/11 2/11.