An electrical fire broke out at Domayne Maroochydore this morning.
An electrical fire broke out at Domayne Maroochydore this morning.

Electrical fire sends smoke through major furniture store

PART of a major Maroochydore furniture and homewares store is closed off to customers today after an electrical fire broke out early this morning.

Five firefighting crews were called to the loading dock at Domayne, at the Maroochydore Homemaker Centre, about 5am, a Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said.

“Early this morning an electrical fault occurred in our Domayne store which caused a small fire,” Maroochydore Homemaker Centre said in a statement.

“Domayne will be slow to open this morning whilst we work on having power and fire systems bought back online.”

A staff member told the Daily the fire had caused a cash register to “melt” and smoke had filled the store.

The QFES spokesman said the fire was out and scene was safe by about 7.30am.



Top NSW medical experts want baby killer Folbigg freed

Premium Content Top NSW medical experts want baby killer Folbigg freed

NSW’s top medical experts want baby killer Kathleen Folbigg freed

Coffs’ Daily Catch-Up: March 4, 2021

Premium Content Coffs’ Daily Catch-Up: March 4, 2021

Today’s weather, funeral notices, horoscopes and more in one place.

IN COURT: 10 people facing court today

Premium Content IN COURT: 10 people facing court today

Here is a list of everyone who is facing the magistrate today, Thursday, March...