Elderly woman dies from burns

AN ELDERLY NSW woman whose pyjamas caught on fire after brushing a candle has died in hospital.

On Wednesday night, Sydney firefighters responded to reports a woman had been badly burned at her Balmain home.

When they arrived they found a 79-year-old woman with extensive burns to her head, chest, back and arms.

She was taken to the Royal North Shore Hospital where she died on Thursday.

It is believed the woman's flannelette pyjamas caught alight after she brushed past a candle.

A report will be prepared for the Coroner.
 
 



Man charged over crash that saw car plough into cyclists

premium_icon Man charged over crash that saw car plough into cyclists

The Coffs Harbour man will face court on October 29.

Protests across the state call for 'justice for Bowraville'

premium_icon Protests across the state call for 'justice for Bowraville'

Rallies will be held tomorrow calling for #JusticeforBowraville

Dog destroyed after killing alpacas

premium_icon Dog destroyed after killing alpacas

Man banned from keeping dogs for life.

Local Partners