NOON: ETC has been handed back to its occupants after NSW Fire and Rescue deemed it safe.

Coffs Harbour NSW Fire and Rescue station officer Simon Busby said the smoke was thought to have come from a faulty air-conditioning motor.

"Technicians are there sorting it out," Mr Busby said.

Mr Busby said all air-conditioning motors were checked for heat and given the all clear.

"Crews did an excellent job and kept the public safe," he said.

BUILDING EVACUATED: ETC on Grafton St has been evacuated after smoke was reported coming from the ceiling.
BUILDING EVACUATED: ETC on Grafton St has been evacuated after smoke was reported coming from the ceiling. Keagan Elder

ORIGINAL 11.21AM: ENTERPRISE and Training Company has been evacuated after smoke was reported coming from the ceiling.

Two NSW Fire and Rescue crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the building on Grafton St at about 11am.

A witness said the ETC building was currently undergoing renovations and smoke was seen coming from a vent.

Dozens of people, who evacuated the building, have gathered in Cox Lane.



Corindi Beach voted one of the best worldwide

Premium Content Corindi Beach voted one of the best worldwide

The holiday park has been placed in the top ten per cent of the accommodation...

WHAT’S ON: 12 things to do on the Coffs Coast this week

Premium Content WHAT’S ON: 12 things to do on the Coffs Coast this week

Your weekly go-to guide for Coffs Coast events.