Menu
News

David Banda's dad voices Madonna 'concern'

BANG Showbiz

THE biological father of Madonna's adopted son David Banda has voiced concerns over the star's "shocking" lifestyle.

Yohane Banda - who gave David up for adoption in 2006 - is worried the 10 year old is getting caught in the crossfire between the singer and her ex-husband Guy Ritchie's "bitter" custody battle over their 15-year-old son Rocco.

He said: "Madonna and Guy's custody battle turning bitter and nasty is a huge concern.

"I'd like to know what's going on behind closed doors and why Rocco wanted to leave his mum and live with his dad like that.

"What I have heard about Madonna's lifestyle since her divorce from Guy sounds quite shocking."

Yohane has become worried after hearing Rocco stayed in London after visiting Guy last autumn and then refused to go back to America to live with his mum.

The Malawian farmer claims Guy "never showed any interest" in adopting David so hopes his son doesn't follow in Rocco's footsteps in wanting to live with the filmmaker in the UK.

He added to The Sun newspaper: "I don't want David to follow Rocco's decision to go and live with Guy now either. I never got the impression that Guy was interested in adopting David.

"It was Madonna who wanted to take David to live with her.

"The only reason I let Madonna adopt David was because she promised me she would give him a good education and then he could come home to live with me.

"Guy never showed he had any interest in David when I met him in court."

Earlier this month, Madonna and Guy - whose divorce was finalised in 2008 - were told by a judge to not use up any more of the "fast receding days" of their son Rocco's childhood with their custody dispute.

Mr. Justice MacDonald urged the former couple to try and reach an "amicable solution" to their custody arrangements for the teenager before he grows up and becomes a man.

Topics:  bang showbiz madonna



Burglar wakes Summit couple

COUPLE woken in early hours when they saw a man leave their bedroom.

Car destroyed after it was left on roadside engulfed in fire

CAR FIRE: Firefighters from Sawtell were called to a burning Ford Falcon left on the side of Hulberts Rd, Sawtell on Sunday, February 18, 2018.

WATCH: Firefighters tackle car blaze late last night

Rubbish truck's load catches alight

A J.R. Richards and Sons rubbish truck container caught alight on the Pacific Highway.

Fire in skip bin causes traffic hold ups

Local Partners