Baby injured in boiling water accident

A COCONUT Grove baby is in a stable condition at Royal Darwin Hospital after pulling a container with boiling water off a bench onto his chest and neck.

The boy, 20 months, was taken to RDH by St John Ambulance paramedics about 8pm last night, and is recovering in hospital today.

St John paramedics praised the Coconut Grove family's quick reaction in cooling the boy's wounds.

Burns are one of the most common accidental childhood injuries. Babies and young children are especially vulnerable - they're curious, small, and have very sensitive, thin skin.

Families are reminded top know the 3 Cs.

Cool for 20 minutes under running water, Cover it with cling wrap and Call 000" is aimed at ensuring people know timely first aid treatment.



Gladys considering drastic measures to stop COVID spread

premium_icon Gladys considering drastic measures to stop COVID spread

Premier says she has ‘no tolerance’ for those who don’t follow COVID rules

Looker ready to recreate his ‘biggest thrill’ in Grafton Cup

premium_icon Looker ready to recreate his ‘biggest thrill’ in Grafton Cup

He did it in 2019 and he’s ready to go again on Thursday with a strong chance on La...

Time ticking to make tough calls on popular events

premium_icon Time ticking to make tough calls on popular events

One of Coffs' most loved events is hanging in the balance.