Gregory Michael St Andre, 37, claims he gave his daughter a cup of his semen but ‘doesn’t know what she did with it’. Picture: Warren Police
Gregory Michael St Andre, 37, claims he gave his daughter a cup of his semen but ‘doesn’t know what she did with it’. Picture: Warren Police

Father’s gross excuse for incest with daughter

A MAN who was arrested for fathering a son with his 20-year-old daughter claims he gave her his semen in a cup but doesn't know "what she did with it," police said.

Gregory Michael St Andre, 37, of Warren, Michigan faces charges of incest and third-degree criminal sexual contact after a DNA test revealed he was the father of his daughter's child born in February, according to WJBK.

"She has a son by the defendant," the victim's aunt, Michelle Truszkowski, told the station. "It's just madness. It's tearing our whole family apart."

An investigation was launched after the 20-year-old victim's mother went to police in Warren, telling authorities she and other relatives had suspected ongoing sexual abuse.

"We've been through this for years," Ms Truszkowski said. "It started years ago."

St Andre's wife - who is filing for divorce - said she believed the abuse went on for more than five years, but claimed she was unable to get help from law enforcement officials, WJBK reported.

READ MORE: Shock end to twisted incest case

READ MORE: Infamous 'Colt' incest family makes headlines again

St Andre initially told police that he never had sex with his daughter, claiming he instead gave her a cup of his semen. But St Andre said he "doesn't know what she did with it," according to police.

However, investigators said text messages sent between St Andre and his daughter contradict his claim.

St Andre was initially charged earlier this month and was released after posting $US5000 ($AU6600) bond, the Detroit News reports. He returned to court Monday after a judge ordered a DNA test in the case and his bond was increased to $US60,000 ($AU80,000), court records show.

The judge also ordered St Andre to not have contact with his daughter if he's released again from custody. That's been an issue in the past, according to the woman's relatives, who told WJBK that St. Andre has been contacting the victim and her boyfriend by phone and social media.

Prosecutors on Monday wanted St Andre's bond to be revoked, but defence lawyers said he has "gotten the message" to stay away from his daughter. He's due back in court on June 26, according to WJBK.

"This is an incest case and it's disgusting," Ms Truszkowski said. "And he shouldn't be walking around."

This story originally appeared on the New York Post and has been republished here with permission.



Local nurse is the best in the world

premium_icon Local nurse is the best in the world

Maiysha Craig wins World martial arts title

Coffs Harbour bypass land buy-up

premium_icon Coffs Harbour bypass land buy-up

Compulsory acquisition process set to start on highway corridor.

News and headphones - better together

News and headphones - better together

Take up a 12-month digital subscription and you get a pair

Local Partners