Drug raids bust three men
IF you’ve wondered why the police helicopter has buzzed our skies this week, here’s the answer.
Three local men have been arrested after the seizure of $90,000 worth of cannabis following simultaneous raids in Raleigh and Dundurrabin on Wednesday.
The operation was part of Strike Force Midkin, an ongoing investigation into large-scale cannabis cultivation and supply in our region.
Officers swooped on an industrial bay at Raleigh’s Bayldon Drive and found six kilograms of cannabis, scales and bags, allegedly stolen goods including brushcutters, chainsaws, a motorbike and a firearm and cash.
A Raleigh man, 55, was arrested at the scene and charged with 16 drug, firearm and property offences. He was refused bail to face Coffs Harbour Local Court yesterday. Two Dundurrabin men, aged 28 and 36, were also arrested there and each charged with supplying, possessing and cultivating a prohibited drug.
They were conditionally bailed to appear in Coffs Harbour Local Court on July 8.
Police hit two Dundurrabin properties and found four kilograms of cannabis at one and more than a kilogram of cannabis at the other.
Detective Senior Constable Dave Stuart said more than 20 kilograms of cannabis and up to 100 cannabis plants had been uncovered since the start of the operation in 2008. Four men had been charged with 30 offences, he said.