CQ Convoy ready to roll on Father's Day
IF you're in the Rocky area next weekend, get down to the CQ Convoy's Dad's Big Day Out.
Held on Father's Day at the Rockhampton Showgrounds, this year the CQ Convoy will be huge raising money for sick kids in central Queensland.
There will be cars and trucks to have a look at, kids rides, markets, trade displays and live entertainment.
Taila Gouge will be fresh out of Nashville when she jumps on the CQ Convoy Stage to entertain everyone.
For the truckies there's 25 trophies up for grabs.
There will also be hot food. a licensed bar and a huge charity auction with everything from holidays, boat rides to Keppel Island and accommodation, 1770 tours, cave tours, dinners for families at many different venues, NRL signed jumpers Penrith/Broncos/Cowboys and footballs, Australian hockey captain signed singlet, V8 signed Supercars merchandise, fishing gear, vouchers and much more.
At the showgrounds Peter Brock's AX9 Torana 05 tribute car will be on display.
The convoy organisers are also looking for volunteers to help man the gate, canteen, bar and general manual labour if you can help please contact Megan at email@example.com to register.
If you register your car, bike or truck early for the convoy a discount applies.
- Cars and bikes are to assemble within the showgrounds for the show 'n shine on the day, cost before August 28 is $20.
- Trucks taking part in the convoy are to assemble within the CQU grounds, they will then leave at 9am making their way through town, along the Bruce Hwy before entering the showgrounds for the show' n' shine.
- Trucks registered before August 28 will receive discounted entry fee of $30, price goes up to $50 after then.
- To register your truck contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0498362896 or Steve at email@example.com or phone 0439795908.
- Registration forms are also available at Caltex Truck Stop Yaamba Rd in the drivers room or notice board, HiWAY1, Mack Trucks and at Brown and Hurley Rockhampton.
- See http://www.cqconvoy.com.au/ for more information.