Computer sparks fire at store
SHOPPERS and staff were evacuated from Park Beach Plaza's Big W store following a fire scare.
Two Coffs Harbour-based fire crews responded to an emergency call made by a Big W staff member just after noon.
When they arrived the store was being evacuated by the centre's fire wardens.
Firefighter Adam Cormick was at the scene and said the fire was sparked by a computer server in the office area.
"Staff contained the fire to the server, isolated the power source, and activated the fire alarm manually," Mr Cormick said.
"We checked the area before an electrician arrived and then activated the air-handling system to clear the area of smoke."