Community pays tribute to Warrego Hwy crash victim
POLICE are investigating the cause of a fatal car crash that killed Maranoa woman Andrea Murray.
Ms Murray, 35, was the passenger in a utility, driven by her husband, David, when their car and another vehicle collided head-on 7km west of Chinchilla shortly before 3pm Sunday.
Mr Murray was yesterday being treated in Toowoomba Hospital and the other driver was taken to Chinchilla Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The community has since paid tribute to Ms Murray online.
It is believed Ms Murray, from Wallumbilla, was returning home from a trip to Western Australia when the crash happened.
The Warrego Hwy was closed for several hours and re-opened about 7pm Sunday.
The fatality was the latest in a string of tragic crashes along the stretch of the Warrego Hwy between Dalby and Roma.
Just two weeks ago an Oakey man was left in a critical condition when his car struck a beast 15km east of Yuleba.
He had to be airlifted to Brisbane for treatment.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Dash cam busts parking officer ripping off motorist
- Eating cane toads a healthy choice - for you and the planet
- Community pays tribute to Warrego Hwy crash victim
- Truckie accused of hit-and-run cyclist killing in court
- Schoolboy punched in head 20 times over a girl
- Woman hit in head after propeller sliced through plane
- NAYbours: Residents say no to new development