Club Coffs administrators in court over legality

UNCERTAIN: The voluntary administration of Club Coffs on West High is in question. Trevor Veale
UNCERTAIN: The voluntary administration of Club Coffs on West High is in question. Trevor Veale

SINCE Club Coffs on West High fell into voluntary administration four months ago, speculation about the popular venue's future has been running rife.

Now, court documents have revealed administrators assigned to the club had not been properly appointed and had stopped all work relating to the voluntary administration in May.

On April 2, Morgan Chubb and David Morgan were appointed administrators and started their investigation into the club's affairs.

Shortly after the first meeting of creditors on April 16, Mr Morgan gave thought to whether or not the administrators should notify the Casino, Liquor and Gaming Control Authority of their appointment.

Without notifying the authority, an appointment is deemed invalid in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001.

Mr Morgan immediately contacted the board and chief executive of the club and advised them of the situation.

Mr Chubb and Mr Morgan then ceased all work related to the voluntary administration and took on a caretaker's role.

The matter was heard before the Supreme Court of NSW on August 3.

The board presented an affidavit to the court expressing their wishes for the administrators to be appointed - partly due to their previous experience in managing the affairs of the club.

In a judgement on August 3, Justice Robb found it was in the club's best interest to make all of the retrospective actions legal.

Topics:  club coffs on west high street supreme court

Autumn Plant Fair is coming

Mark your diary for the annual autumn plant fair

Protesters launch crowdfunding campaign to pay off fines

Coffs Coast residents John Ross, Liisa Rusanen, Ella Skerrett and Daniel Skerrett were arrested at Adani's Abbot Point coal terminal last month.

Anti-Adani protesters ask community to help pay off $4,000 fines.

Man charged with reckless GBH after pub fight

ARREST MADE: An 18-year-old man has been arrested and charged for the assault outside the Coffs Hotel which left a man with serious head injuries.

An 18-year-old man was arrested following last week's assault

Local Partners