Brussels in mourning: What we know about the victims
THE identities of some of the victims of Tuesday's bomb attacks in Brussels have begun to emerge.
Two Belgians, a Peruvian woman, and an unidentified Moroccan woman were the first to be publicly confirmed dead.
A British man, David Dixon, and an American brother and sister are among the people known to be missing from the Belgian capital, one day after the blasts at Zaventem airport and Maelbeek metro station killed more than 30 and injured an estimated 250 people.
Adelma Tapia Ruiz
Peruana entre las víctimas de atentado en Bruselas, Adelma Marina Tapia Ruiz . pic.twitter.com/HQzh2AI1I9— peru post (@perupost_news) March 22, 2016
Ms Tapia, 37, was from Peru and had lived in Brussels for six years. She was at the airport with her husband, Christophe Delcambe, and their twin four-year-old daughters, Maureen and Alondra. They were checking in to fly to New York to visit Ms Ruiz's sisters when the blast struck.
The death of Ms Tapia was confirmed by the Peruvian Ministry for Foreign Affairs and her brother Fernando Tapia Coral has told Peruvian radio that she had planned to return to Peru later this year.
In a Facebook post, Mr Tapia called her death "incomprehensible" in a Facebook post. Her husband and children survived, but it has been reported that one of her daughters was injured by debris.
Mr Hecht was a young Belgian student working towards a qualification in law at Saint-Louis University in Brussels. The university confirmed in a Facebook post that he was one of the victims of the Maelbeek metro bombing.
Mr Delespesse, 36, was confirmed dead in the metro bombing by his employers Wallonie Bruxelles Federation, an organisation which represents French speakers in the region.
The family of Mr Dixon, a computer programmer from Nottingham, has not heard from him since he left for work yesterday morning. He is believed to have been on the metro at the time of the blast.
"It's just waiting, which is heartbreaking," the sister of Charlotte Sutcliffe, Mr Dixon's partner, told Radio 4's Today program. His friend Simon Harley-Jones told the BBC that Ms Sutcliffe had been driving around hospitals in the hope of finding him.
Ms Viktorsson, a 64-year-old Belgian woman, was at Zaventem to travel to Sweden, but is now missing. Her family put out an appeal on Facebook calling for any sightings of Ms Viktorsson, or information on which hospital she may have been taken to.
Ms Bastin, 29, a former employee of the European Chemical Industry Council, was on the metro at the time of the attacks. Her friends have launched an appeal on Facebook for news of her whereabouts.
Sascha and Alexander Pinczowski
A brother and sister from New York, who were at Zaventem to fly back to the US at the time of the blasts, are also missing. Sascha and Alexander Pinczowski were on the phone to their family when the phone went dead, according to Dutch media. Ms Pinczowski studied business and had previously completed an internship at the UN.
Mr Ganesan's brother has set up an appeal for information on the whereabouts of his sibling, who was on the metro at the time of the attacks. He wrote on Facebook that he had spoken to the Indian embassy, who were still searching for Mr Ganesan.
The Italian Foreign Ministry has said it is 'very likely' that Ms Rizzo, an Italian national, is one of the victims of the attack. The Embassy is in touch with the family for identification procedures. She worked for an EU agency and usually took the metro at the time of the bombings.
There has not been word of Ms Fazal, a 25-year-old Belgian student, since yesterday morning. She would have been on the metro at the time of the attacks, on the way to the Haute Ecole Galilée in central Brussels, where she is studying.