Boy, 15, arrested in terror raids was surveilled for a year
A 15-year-old boy arrested in counter-terrorism raids in Sydney on Thursday had been under surveillance for more than a year and had been convicted on firearms charges, a court has heard.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was among a group of five men who were on Thursday charged with conspiracy to conduct an act in preparation for a terrorist act.
He applied for bail at Parramatta Children's Court through his barrister.
Police prosecutor Senior Sergeant Bruce Wells argued against the boy's release and said he posed a risk to the safety of the community.
Sergeant Wells said the boy used coded text messages to communicate with his co-accused about becoming a martyr.
Read more at ABC News Online